Learn what shipping mistakes actually cost in real dollars, and why choosing a low-cost provider may cost more than it saves.
Service Freight specializes in temperature-controlled shipping, including reefer trucking, between Canada and the U.S.
We help food companies manage safe, compliant shipments of temperature-controlled freight that meet all regulatory requirements, plus your own exacting standards for product quality and integrity.
“We use Service Freight for reefer trucking into the U.S. Their customer service levels and communications back to us are superb.”
Major Food Manufacturer
For temperature controlled and reefer trucking needs, we can help…
- Maintain product quality. Delays at the border or on the road can be costly for perishable products. So we stay on top of reefer truck shipments and do everything in our power to ensure timely arrival. Frankly, we care in a way that most carriers do not.
- Comply with regulations. Our dedicated compliance manager stays abreast of government regulated mandates from the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CIFA) and U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and can point you in the right direction to get your questions answered.
- Reduce cost. Sure, we can often beat common carrier prices for U.S. inbound and outbound LTL shipments. But the real cost-saving potential lies in eliminating the hidden cost of shipping mistakes. We treat your products, and your freight budget, like they are our own. Having a true partner by your side delivers savings far beyond the pennies you might save from shopping freight rates.
- Consolidate loads. We can leverage our freight volume to combine your LTL loads (both dry and temperature controlled freight) with other shipments to create a faster, cheaper truckload shipment.
Why Service Freight for temperature-controlled freight?
- Obsessed with details. We leave nothing to chance when it comes to your temperature-sensitive, time-sensitive freight. Every last requirement is documented, often on client-specific forms and procedures that carriers must sign-off on to verify their understanding of shipping details.
- Track record. Trusted partner to ConAgra Foods, TreeHouse Foods, Sealed Air and many other discriminating food shippers.
- Well-vetted, long-time carrier relationships. All refrigerated carriers continuously checked for compliance with quality and regulatory requirements.
- Problem solvers. If a problem occurs on the road, we won’t dump it back in your lap. We immediately assess the situation, explore alternatives and strategize to meet the delivery deadline. Proactive problem solving is standard procedure at Service Freight. We've got your back.
- Multi-mode, any temperature. Full range of reefer trucking solutions – truckload and LTL.