Learn what shipping mistakes actually cost in real dollars, and why choosing a low-cost provider may cost more than it saves.
If your business depends on reliable movement of freight between Canada and the U.S., you’ve come to the right place. We are cross border shipping specialists, connecting Greater Toronto to the U.S. and Canada.
Our carriers run regularly to and from Florida, Southern California and everywhere in between, including temperature-controlled shipments. Service Freight works with carriers who participate in every border security program.
Check out our Cross Border Shipping Guide for helpful tips.
For Truckload and LTL shipping between Canada and the U.S., we can help…
- Reduce worry. We sweat the details so you don't have to. That means understanding your freight requirements and communicating these details to our carriers both verbally and in writing on our carrier contracts. Nothing is left to chance.
- Troubleshoot border delays. Service Freight ensures that carriers are compliant and safe and participate in all Homeland Security programs when crossing international borders. If there is a problem with paperwork, our Logistics Coordinators jump in and work with the parties involved to facilitate a quick resolution.
- Reduce cost. If common carriers are your de facto choice for cross border shipping, you could be paying too much. We can often beat common carrier prices for U.S. inbound/outbound, particularly for shipments between 2 and 16 skids.
- Consolidate loads. We can leverage our freight volume to combine your LTL loads with other shipments to create a faster, cheaper truckload shipment.
- Access any type of equipment. Reefers, dry vans, straight trucks and flatbeds. Specialty features available include load bars, straps, vents, plates, dual temperatures, lower decks, mini decks, chassis, tailgate equipment and more.
- Lower your claims ratio. We analyze client requirements and document them. Our logistics specialists then methodically communicate those requirements, both verbally and in writing, to help ensure compliance and product safety.
Why Service Freight for Canada-U.S. cross-border shipping?
- Experienced freight specialists. Cross border shipping is what we do, every day. It’s what we’ve done since 1995.
- Low driver turnover. We nurture our relationships with carriers and align, in particular, with those who retain their drivers. A stable carrier and driver pool translates into great service and consistent capacity.
- Proactive approach. We’ll quote the service you request, but we also look for alternatives that could work better for your customer and your budget.
- Excellent shipper scorecards for fulfilling accepted loads. If we commit to moving freight as part of our agreement, we move it – 100% of the time.
- Carrier matching. We’ll match your freight with our large database of backhaul capacity to control cross border shipping costs.
- 24/7 availability.
- Real time track and trace.